1. Softbank (Japan) acquired ARM Holdings (Britain)
CEO of Softbank is Simon Segars
(ARM Holdings plc is a multinational semiconductor and software design company)
SoftBank Group Corp. is a Japanese multinational telecommunications and Internet corporation established on September 3, 1981, and headquartered in Tokyo, Japan.
CEO: Masayoshi Son (Feb 1986)
Founder: Masayoshi Son
Former CEO: Nikesh Arora resigned from this post in june 2016
2. Microsoft acquired LinkedIn
3. Marriott International acquired Starwood
Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is an American hotel and leisure company headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut.
Headquarters: Stamford, Connecticut, United States
CEO: Thomas B. Mangas (Dec 2015–)
Owner: Marriott International
Founder: Barry Sternlicht
4. Blackstone acquired 60% Emphasis
The Blackstone Group L.P. is an American multinational private equity, alternative asset management and financial services corporation based in New York City.
5. Myntra acquired Jabong (owned by Global fashion Group)
Flipkart-owned Myntra on Tuesday said it has acquired Jabong from Global Fashion Group, a move that will mark further consolidation in India’s booming e-commerce industry. Myntra, which itself was acquired by Flipkart in 2014 in an estimated Rs 2,000 crore deal, will have access to a combined base of 15 million monthly active users.
6. Bayer Corp merged with Monsanto (Agri sector)
7. Max life merged with HDFC life
8. Aircel Merged with Reliance communication